Thursday, January 13, 2022

I was fired because of my position on Bulgaria, I do not trust Kovachevski and Osmani for the negotiations with Sofia

 


 Former Deputy Prime Minister for European Affairs of the Republic of Macedonia Nikola Dimitrov revealed that he has not resigned alone and that he is not part of the new government as a result of his position on Bulgaria. He stressed that it is in someone's interest both in the country and abroad not to be part of the government, but also not to be at home, which is why, as he pointed out, he received a proposal for an ambassadorial position, which he rejected. Independent.

 "I want to deny that I retired on my own. This is not true. I am not a person who withdraws from battles. I did not resign because I feel responsible and I believe that the positions I represent in the negotiation process with Bulgaria are correct and it is important to keep them. I had a serious battle inside, especially in the last year, in terms of defining national positions, given the very nature of the problem, but also the strategy, that is, the course of the negotiations themselves. This battle was no secret. The differences were seen in both public messages and public appearances, "Dimitrov told a news conference on Wednesday.

 As he stressed, in the two cases where this battle culminated, what the public does not know - once in Brussels, once in Skopje, he has made it clear that he will not allow certain limits to be crossed at any cost and at least the price of his position in the government, emphasizing that by doing so he made it clear that there was simply no conversation with him inside about certain things.

 "I was and am fully prepared to continue this battle, regardless of the position or function I hold. In my career in this work I have met many influential people who have not had a position, and I have met those who are in a position but do not have the weight that our people say "do not believe their word". I assure you that my word continues to weigh, but for this to happen, I must be at home, be here, be active, be noisy and have the freedom to fight for my positions and vision, "explains Dimitrov .

 He emphasizes that along with the fact that there is no place for his positions in the next government, he is not surprised by the proposal to be ambassador to Washington. This, Dimitrov stressed, will not only remove him from his home, but will also clog his remains, because, as he said, diplomats during their service have no right to be noisy and publicly fight for their views at home.

 "When I refused Washington, I received another offer to be an ambassador, perhaps in another country. Well, I could even choose. I realized that it was obviously in someone's interest not to be at home and thus weaken the voices that are on the line in the negotiations I am fighting for. The interest in not being there is not only domestic. You know, many in the neighborhood will be just as happy to be free because they called me a virus more dangerous than Covid. But, as I said then, there is no vaccine against the virus of ideals and principles, and it is this attempt to have my voice at home that makes me my investment, my motive for staying even longer, "the former deputy prime minister continued.

 Dimitrov had no good words for future Prime Minister Dimitar Kovachevski. He said Kovachevski did not understand foreign policy and did not have full confidence in the new government, especially in the talks with Bulgaria.

"The future prime minister has never been my boss. And I'm not sure he was able to keep track of my work and keep up with all the efforts I've made in the past. He has no experience and knowledge in the field of foreign policy. Our chief general is the people and they give their assessment of the elections. I was once on the list as a list holder and I won. There will be other elections, maybe I will be part of them and I will wait for this assessment. However, I would say that it is indecent to talk about the results of my work over the last four years and seven months, when we all know that the greatest successes are in foreign policy. In most of these four years and seven months as Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Prime Minister for European Affairs for one year and four months in European diplomacy, I had the main say in this area, "Dimitrov added.

Answering a journalist's question, Dimitrov said that there were people in the negotiation process whom he did not trust, and among them was Foreign Minister Bujar Osmani.

 "Yes, I do not trust Osmani on the issue of Bulgaria. I have the feeling that there is an "aspiration" to succeed at any cost, which is dangerous and unproductive. I hope I'm wrong, but that's how I feel. Regarding Vlado Buckovski, I will say that we were not on the same level with the views, "said the Deputy Prime Minister.

Dimitrov said he would closely monitor the progress of the negotiations and would fully fight against the bad decision and would support a dignified and European solution.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Macedonian

Fears are growing that Russia may use gas supplies as a weapon

   The British authorities fear that the imposition of severe economic sanctions against Russia will provoke Moscow to retaliate, which will...