Saturday, January 1, 2022

Alexander Vucic will step down from the ruling party's leadership

 


 Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic has announced his resignation as leader of the Serbian Progressive Party, the country's ruling party, in May 2022, according to the Macedonian online publication MKD.

"I have been at the helm of the party for ten years and I will be in this position until May. I think that is enough. "I already have four candidates in my head for successor," Vucic said.

"It's time for new people, I've been at its helm for 10 years. I am resigning because I do not want to jeopardize what has happened so far and the victory of the party in the elections. "

 "I would be surprised to say that I also have warmth and emotions, sometimes I'm human, I tell myself I can do this and I can't. "I have never been at sea, maybe I would like to be a normal, ordinary person," Vucic said.

"Maybe I don't want to carry the burdens of this world, even the party ones."

Asked if he could return to the post of prime minister, Vucic said he was unsure of the scenario.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Macedonian

Fears are growing that Russia may use gas supplies as a weapon

   The British authorities fear that the imposition of severe economic sanctions against Russia will provoke Moscow to retaliate, which will...